WEST COLUMBIA, S.C. - Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation today announced that six teams of its interns, all of whom are students at the University of South Carolina’s College of Pharmacy, have been selected from among competitors across the country to deliver poster presentations at American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition (ASHP).
ASHP Midyear meeting is the largest gathering of pharmacists in the world with more than 25,000 pharmacists from many countries in attendance. Poster Presentations are discussions among meeting attendees about current projects in pharmacy practice. Poster presentations provide an excellent opportunity to exchange ideas that have been successful in other healthcare systems.
“Nephron interns are among the brightest rising stars in pharmaceutical manufacturing,” said Nephron CEO Lou Kennedy. “The work they are doing for Nephron has played a critical role in our growth, and we are proud that they will share their work with industry experts and leaders.”
The titles of the projects by Nephron interns that have all been accepted by ASHP include:
• College of Pharmacy and School of Engineering Student Teams’ collaboration to design pharmacy compounding system using robotic arm to perform aseptic syringe filling.
• Performance comparison of the Baxter repeater pump and the Masterflex peristaltic pump using high flow tubing set L/S 24.
• Development of the Masterflex L/S peristaltic pump process validation in a 503B outsourcing pharmacy.
• Evaluation of naloxone safety training effectiveness in a workplace environment.
• Evaluation of cleaning effectiveness of 7.8% ionized hydrogen peroxide mist versus 7.8% hydrogen peroxide mist in a cleanroom environment.
ASHP represents pharmacists who serve as patient care providers in acute and ambulatory settings. The organization’s nearly 50,000 members include pharmacists, student pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians. For more than 75 years, ASHP has been at the forefront of efforts to improve medication use and enhance patient safety.
About Nephron Pharmaceuticals
Nephron 503B Outsourcing is a division of Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation. This division produces pre-filled sterile syringes and IV bags for hospitals across America, in an effort to alleviate their drug shortage needs. In accordance with the DQSA draft guidance, the company follows cGMP, GDP and all quality expectations. The company has been licensed by the Food and Drug Administration as a sterile manufacturer of generic respiratory medications along with an Outsourcing Facility providing equal sterility and quality. Nephron received a 2017 ISPE/FOYA innovation award for the high level of automation present throughout the facility. For more information, please visit www.nephronpharm.com.